Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Break 09 Dublin


Sorry for the break from blogging…

As some of you may know this past week I did not have classes so I took the week to go visit 6 of my friends who are studying abroad in the United Kingdom. It was so wonderful to see some familiar faces and it was kinda a nice break to be speaking and hearing English again.

First stop on my 10 day holiday was Dublin. So after a bus ride to Madrid to get on my plane to Dublin I was off. Just a note never take taxis to and from the airport, I did but didn’t realize until I got there that I would have to pay a fee because I was getting off at the airport that was an unpleasant surprise for my wallet. I got into the Dublin airport at about 12:30 am. I had made the decision not to book a hostel that night because I figured I would be able to find one pretty easy. What I didn’t think about was how late it would be and cold… so I did find a hostel but in retrospect I think next time I will just book one in advance.

My hostel’s name was Paddy’s Palace and it was a pretty nice place, breakfast was included and the beds were warm and clean. I was in a shared room with 12 beds when I got there it was like 2 am and no one was there. I got ready for bed because after traveling for that long, even though I was mainly just sitting, I was tired. I had just climbed into bed and was almost asleep when my first noisy roommates came in. Shortly after that, all 6 of them were back for the night. They had been drinking so although they tried to be quite they had no idea how badly they were failing. I didn’t mind though because they were really funny to listen to. Needless to say I didn’t get too much sleep though because I was up early to sight see.

I only had one morning and early afternoon to explore all of Dublin which really isn’t a lot of time. I tried to meet with a free walking tour but couldn’t so I decided to just take the tour on my own which worked out well because I saw most of the things that they would have and was able to stop whenever I wanted. I toured the Dublin Castle which was a slight disappointment because it is more like a mansion than a castle but it was still cool to see. I also stopped in a few other places to explore a little. Oh and I almost forgot that it rained the entire time I was in Dublin but luckily I had packed my umbrella so I wasn't completely soaked.

Then I had to get on a train to Cork for my next great adventure…

No comments:

Post a Comment