Monday, September 7, 2009

Beaches and relaxation!


Peniscula was beautiful. Miles of sandy shores and a castle in the distance! It was a 2 hour drive on the bus but I took a short siesta and it was like we were there in minutes! I was kinda worried because in Valencia it was raining slightly but the rain subsided. It wasn't sunny either until the end of the day which actually I think was for the better because we were all more comfortable without the suns heat.

When we first arrived it was about noon so we all took out or lunches to eat on the beach. Then we took some time just to lay on the beach talking and such. Eventually I went for a walk down the beach with Sam and Carolyn and almost stepped on a beached jellyfish. When we got back a group of people were leaving to walk through the town so we went with!

The real highlight of the trip though was the Castillo de Peniscula (the castle). It was up on a hill overlooking the beach. The view was absolutely amazing! There was a lot of history about the castle to and they had a display room of information and stuff about the Knight Templar which was cool. There was also the torture chamber and some really cool art displays.

That night was my first night out in Spain! It was entertaining. We all tried one agua de valencia which was pretty good and then people did there thing from there. I was a little apprehensive cause i really didn't know where I was (we got lost on our way there) so I did not have too much to drink. Made it home safely at about 3am. Getting a cab was really difficult.

The next day was a lazy day for me didn't do much but I did become best friends with the little girl Juliet that was staying with us. We played games such as hide-and-seek needless to say she won hands down.

Now a short soliloquy about the food. I am proud to say that I have tried everything that has been given to me and am enjoying most of it! I have had pork, beef, chicken of the bone, tuna, potatoes, rice, veggies, fruits and tons more! The food I am most proud of eating is the seafood because I am not the biggest seafood fan. Nevertheless I have tried squid, shrimp, snail, tuna and an unidentifiable form of seafood that was actually quite delightful. The only thing i really didn't like was the salad with tuna which was bearable and the squid... much to chewy and fishy for my tastes!

I think that is all for now. Today I relaxed at the beach and got lost again but found my way without consulting my map! Maybe I am not doomed to be lost after all!


p.s. there is a leg of a cow in my kitchen... that is different!

2 comments: