Friday, September 4, 2009

Lost luggage, lost bryant but beautiful Valencia!


So I am in Valencia and for those who don't know I have been here for about 2 days! I like it a lot.

Day 1

Before I talk about Valencia I want to share a little about my flights. I had 3 flights. Appleton to Detroit to NYC to Madrid and then I 4ish hour bus ride from Madrid to Valencia. Needless to say it was a long day of travel. All my flights went really well. They were smooth with no problems and I even got free snacks on all of them! (I wasn't expecting anything for my 50 minute flight from Appleton to Detroit) The only problem that I had was that half my luggage didn't get to Spain at the same time as me! It arrived today (a day later) but was frustrating because I was the only one to lose anything. On the bright side- it has been a good conversation started with my classmates!

My host dad, Fransisco picked me up from there to take me to my home for the next 3.5 months. When we arrived at home like 5 minutes later we were greeted by my host mom cooking paella. (It was good!) We ate and then I unpacked a little and decided to enter the culture of Spain with a short siesta (nap). Later that night I went out to explore my street and a little farther than that... and guess what I didn't even get lost! (for those who may not know I am terrible with directions). It really is beautiful here but maybe a little warm. 33ish degrees Celsius which is about 90 Fahrenheit.

Day 2

Today I started the morning with orientation to the school. I think I am really going to like it. I have two professors that seem really fun and 2 more classes with another professor who seems really nice but a little hard to understand (she talks too fast!) I am sure it will be alright. After that I returned home for lunch. I live about 25 minutes away from the school on foot.

At about 6 (after another siesta!) I left for a tour of the old part of Valencia. Which was about a 40 minute walk away. I don't remember all that our guide told us but there is beautiful architecture here I took lots of pictures that I will eventually share with you all! I know for certain I saw the Lonja, La Catedral, la plaza de toros and much more. This time on my way home I did get a little lost. I wandered around for 2ish hours trying to find the way back to my home. Well I found it, obviously! Tomorrow we are going to Penisola (a beach) and I think there is a castle too! I must have walked for nearly 5 hours today and am exhausted (it is midnight here too!) Entonces hasta luego!



No comments:

Post a Comment